December 31, 2007

New Years Eve

New Years Eve is always such an anti-climatic holiday. You wait up to all hours of the night to count down from ten to watch the clock change. (Yes, I am 26, but my sleep regime is that of an 80 year old.) Then there are all those resolutions people make and break within one week.

Plus, January 1st is never as grand as you expect. The world is not all sparkley and shiney-it's just the regular old same world. Unless it's your birthday; I have a whole different opinion for birthdays.

So for this blog's New Years Eve post there will be nothing new either. I will post, yet again, about my show-and-tell gift. This time it's the month of January from my animal calendar this year, which I am more than slightly fanatic about because Older Brother picked this out for me. He always gets me my animal calendar. Sometimes it's guinea pigs and sometimes it's frogs, but the fact remains that I adore his effort picking it out for me. It makes it special.

See you in the New Year!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I'm not allowed to pick out calendars any more, not after last year's disaster:

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Cat-Wall-Calendar-2007/dp/0761142274

I thought it'd be funny. It was not. It was stupid.

Happy New Year, to you and your penguins!