1. Black microspun yarn (an oh so soft yarn) for making a scarf for a soft-scarf-needing-person-who-may-be-reading-this. I'm knitting it in a saxon braid pattern which is nice and manly.
2. Fun fur yarns in Confetti and Citrus for purse toppers for two little girls I know. They are mainly a way for me to make quick, simple projects that I would have absolutely no use for and the girls will love them! Double Bonus!
3. A dowel rod cut into 1 foot lengths. This is my cheap attempt at making size eleven double pointed needles (see bottom of the page) that I will only use once. Unfortunately, I left my sand paper at my parents house, so the kitty pi these needles are intented for will have to be put off for a little longer.
4. Size 7 bamboo needle by Clover and point protectors for fun. I have never knitted with bamboo, yet I hear it's all the rage, and I somehow did not manage to inherit ANY size seven needles, only 5 pairs each of 1's AND 2's . Additionally, I did not own any point protectors. Yes, there are other ways of keeping stitches from falling off your needle, but coming from the gizmo owning family that I come from this is not a strange purchase. Plus, they cost like two dollars....
5. Completely pointless $11.00 purchase, simply because I liked the way the sample looked. A girl from Georgia can never have too many scarves....
6. The three frames I got for half price that match the set Matt and I got for our wedding. The only set that was not hideous. Two 8x10's and a 5x7 for less than $25.00 (Not pictured.)
7. FINALLY, I got a Weasley Sweater. I went direct to the source. The Husband says he will wear this to the fifth movie viewing if I make it. I will of course be wearing the traditional school robes. This makes me very happy. (Not pictured.)
THE LIST CONTINUES,
PURCHASES I HAVE YET TO MAKE:
8. The previously mentioned HP 4 DVD. Special edition if my Wal-Mart carries it.
9. The El Cheapo Yarn to make the body of the little girl purses. The "pink" fringe will have a purple body and the "blue" fringe will have a yellow body. I have decided the body will be crocheted rather than knitted, simply because I like the texture better.
10. An hour long massage this friday.
I know, I know, Woe is me. I hope everyone else has just as fantastic a birthday as I have (or am continuing to have.)
P.S. I have out grown my decorative container for yarn. This makes me sad, as it is a lovely stash bin. I do not want to progress to the plastic drawer level of stash just yet.