September 20, 2010

My Mom is awesome.

This technically isn't knitting, but it's totally worth posting about.    Ever since we moved into our tiny house my husband and  I have been trying to redecorate the living room behind my husband's back.  One might think that he would noticed when I coerced his family into manual labor switching out my floors.  I think he finally caught on when I stole his truck to bring in a rug.  Keep this in mind while you read on.

My mom made my brother a quilt a couple years ago.  His favorite color is black and while that prolly isn't the best quilting color, she spiced it up by adding jewel toned rainbow squares to it.  We know how I love rainbows.  So needless to say I was jealous.  I demanded my own rainbow quilt.

What I got wasn't exactly what I had in mind.   

Maya inspects the my new quilt.

It was better.  She designed it to match our living room!  I am in love with it.  It's wide enough and long enough for two long people to snuggle under.  It's heavy enough to keep my permanently below freezing body temperature happy because the internal layer is a blanket.  And it's covered in cats.
The cat fabric is wicked.

There is a cat quilted into each corner.  Turn your head sideways.

Props to you Mom.

3 comments:

Lainey said...

Love it!!! Your mom did a great job! I can see why it was post-worthy!!

turtlegirl76 said...

I see it! How cool is that?!

elizabeth said...

That IS awesome! I want to learn to free motion quilt, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet.