December 21, 2007

Swiffer pads revisited

I thought perhaps y'all would like to see how well the knitted Swiffer pads held up over time.

Remember, this is the original pad knitted in September?


Well here's the heavily used, machine washed and machine dried result after 4 months-


You can see the used one one the left and the unused one on the right. Obviously, it has discolored some. I use a homemade bleach and water solution when I swiffer, rather than the costly prepackaged bleach and water solution. I am cheap. But then again, you already figured that out after I knitted about a half dozen of these, didn't you? It also shrank a little as cotton will do in the dryer, but being cotton and all that jazz, it stretches way back out to fit the mop when I am ready to use it again. I am super tickled with these pads as they have stood the test of time.

Still, I can't help but be reminded of ready-to-cook whole chicken bodies in the above picture.

See what I mean?

1 comment:

Hockey Mom said...

Dude *twitch*. Where do I *twitch* get that *twitch* pattern?