December 22, 2007

Three days until Christmas

Just in time to publish PoPo's Halloween Costume FO. Timely, I know. What can I say? The past week has been a relatively knit free week for me. So much is going on at work that I just want to come home and stare at a blank wall for hours so that I don't have to use my brain. It's just a tad under revising-your-thesis-for-the-umpteenth-time-mind-numbing. Believe it or not knitting just took too much thought. Nevermind posting it to the blog. This work load looks to continue for another six months and it's just starting. Good for my standing at work, bad for the knitting.

But let's not talk about it any more. I know you'd rather just see it.

Rar! Rar!

Pattern: Dogosaurus Rex for in Another Dog's life published by Patons.
Yarn: Red Heart worsted weight acrylic in light green, dark green and purple.
Needles: US 7 circulars for the st st and US 6 DPNs for the ribbing around the legs ONLY.
Size: custom fitted for PoPo, who is 29" at her largest circumference. Goodness, my dog is patient! I must have called her out of crate over 50 times for fittings-no joke. She came and sat still for me every time. I think she likes her sweater, which would make sense, because she has a full-sized quilt she sleeps under year round. Poor hairless thing.


PoPosaurus evaluates her surroundings...


...some more...


...and some more...


I'm getting the distinct feeling that PoPosauruses are herbivores.

Like she hasn't been in this exact yard for over a year now. (Oh my, this is our second Christmas in our own house!) PoPo might be a pedigreed APBT, i.e. pitbull, but she will always be 50% hound dog and 50% Heifer. Her little nose never comes off the ground.

This is my favorite oops picture. I caught PoPo mid sneeze. Imagine that, she sucked something up off the ground that made her sneeze.


Isn't this doggy sweater a gas? She wore it today when I was walking her on her "rounds." (We live between the fork of two roads). Drivers were in awe of her ferocity. People driving by would actually stop and turn up the other fork to continue staring at her. Like they've never seen a dog in a sweater before.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ok that is the single most awesome dog sweater I have EVER seen. Rar.