July 23, 2011

Sock Blanket Saturday

I feel like these Saturday posts are getting a like dull.  I mean what else can you say about a  4 inch by 4 inch garter stitch square?  Especially one that looks a lot like my April 2nd Rowan 4ply.



Anywho, today's square is a cotton/bamboo blend with a lost tag, so I can't tell you who made it.  This combo gives it a lovely fluid drape and makes it lighter weight than my other squares.  These two factors put it on my I-don't-hate-you-completely cotton list.  However, It's eight strands make it a touch on the splitty side.  My kn!tp!cks needles didn't have a sharp enough point for this ply, but my addi lace needles weren't in the right size.  If you had them I'd recommend you break them out for this yarn.  That is if you can figure out the brand...

On my monitor it looks like a hot pink, but it's more magenta in real life.
 

No comments: