November 13, 2010

Sock Blanket Saturday

I decided that I am going to try to make some progress on the sock blanket while I have an FO high from the Dino Hat.  Unfortunately, my sock yarn is limited by my recent spending spree at SAFF.  (The months following SAFF I am always racked with guilt, so I put myself on a yarn diet.  That's a whole 'nother post.)

What is a Knitter to do when she wants is more blanket squares, but all she has is tons of KP bare sock yarn dyed kool-aid pink?


The answer is simple.  Make more kool-aid dyed squares.  Here I have overdyed the original square with an entire packet of pink lemonade.  It's mouth puckering hot pink.  That's the image I get in my brain when I look at it.  Warhead induced sour. 


A before and after shot.  The color difference is intense.  I can't say that I love the new color, and it's definitely not one I'd buy a whole skein of , but  I am glad to have just one square of it for the blanket.

No comments: