October 18, 2010

Dog sweater revisited


My dog loves a good sweater.  Don't let the colors fool you.  She's hairless.



So, I purchased this plum colored ecowool yarn a little over a year and a half ago with the idea that it would make PoPo a good and affordable sweater. 

I wanted to make the cabled sweater from this book, which is suited for smaller lap-type dogs and not 60 lbs pitballs.  Whatever, I thought, with a heavier weight yarn and the largest sized pattern I could adapt it to fit PoPo.  I cast on and promptly found that it would not work.  I won't go into the gory details, but "gauge" and "pattern" and "increasing" were not friendly to me at all.  In fact, they were down right rude.

In a mature fashion, I crammed it back into it's bag and left it there for a year.  After some number crunching, tape measure using, and forethought, I decided to knit it from the bottom up.



So far so good.

No comments: