January 11, 2008

Book ends

As you might have noticed we recently had a Wee One come visit us for a late Christmas get together. Errr, should I say Wee One and Wee One's Mom who is dying to learn to knit. I blew it off the first time, because when you give out handknits as baby gifts everyone says, "Oh, it's so beautiful. I wish I could knit." But this last time I think she was serious. Who else picks out pattern books for gifts?

It was truly amazing. Not even one day after I added the Bunny Blanket Buddy to my Ravelry que, Wee One's Mom gifts me with 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. Guess what pattern it contains?

(photo courtsey of Anja Knits.)


A Bunny Blanket Buddy. And I am on a baby high, so this cute guy has got to be knit, but that's not all it contains (click for larger pictures).

There are pretty lacey things.












I have to have that dresser scarf.













Wonderful baby items.









The little monster bear is cute in a momochiland-sort-of-way.
















Cute hat and scarfey warmers.



I love the leafy locking scarf (not it's real name, but so much better than what they titled it). I don not however need a knitted belt. Wee One's Mom loved the purple hat and has a cute sassy hair cut to match. It goes on the to-knit-for-list.

















Clothes to cover each end of your body.





Do these Horseshoe Cable Socks remind you of a no-holes pair of Hedera? Me too.

...and many, many more. After all the title is 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders, not 19 Designer One-Skein Wonders. I'll tell you how it all knits up after I finish the Weasley Sweater. I am determined to get that sucker done before I start any more projects.

No comments: