December 28, 2007

Yarn and Pattern

Doesn't give a thing away does it? A really clever title there, huh?


I love this pattern especially after seeing Sugarsticks FO on Ravelry. I am not so sure how I will love knitting it. You see, this pattern calls for cotton fleece yarn and as you can imagine it contains cotton. I hate knitting with cotton. It doesn't have any give and hurts my hands. Yes, I could have substituted it with something else, but I want this to be a summer top. And wool doesn't always lend itself to a good summer top. Also, I live in Georgia which has the hottest, most humid, friggin' outrageous summers. Wool=no go. However, I stuck with the called for yarn because it is only 80% cotton and 20% wool. I have never worker with this blend before, though I have worked a merino wool with 20% silk before and it made it oh-so-silky! So I am hoping on a similar chain of thought that the addition of wool will add some much needed give to the cotton as I work the yarn on the needles. Fascinating, huh?

It should work. Don't ya think? Huh? [Insert Shrek and Donkey "huhing" lots here.]

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Just beware of the deodorant you wear with it. My Green Gable changed colors at the pits after a wear. Suck!