April 4, 2007

Three strikes and your out!

I'm sure you all know that stashing is an excellent way to get your knitting mojo back. So when my birthday present from France finally arrived yesterday I cast on in a last ditch effort to regain my mojo, baby. (I just got the yarn, as I already own the book)

There I was flipping through the patterns trying to make a decision, when I realized that I wasn't really in the mood. Forcing myself to be in the mood, "You like knitting booties Jen. They're easy. They're fun. And most of all they're quick!" (Yes, I speak to myself in second person.) I hunted down the right size needles and cast on for swatching like a good knitter. Quickly, I realized that I don't like using 16" size 5 needles. Strike one.

So, I opened up the needle drawer again and found some LONG straight needles in size five. It's a cold day in hell when I use straight needles. Strike two.

That's when I realized that I was swatching for BABY BOOTIES. Swatching for baby booties!!!! "Good grief Jen, it's baby booties. It's not a big deal if they are off gauge. It's not like babies even care about size. Some three month old infant's wear 6 month old sized clothing, while other 9 month old babies wear the exact same size. Just wait until they fit the baby's feet to wear them." And on top of that, I don't have any stinkin' babies!! To quote Dr. Peter Venkmen from Ghostbusters, "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria." Strike three!

It's sad, not even stash airmailed from France and return my knitting mojo to me.

No comments: