December 4, 2006

Lemon Heads

This past weekend the hubby and I went to visit a friend of mine (the knitting apprentice) who just bought a new house. She was a one of the best roommates in college, if not THE BEST. So we decided to throw a little party to celebrate the holidays and show off all the new place all at once.

First off, let me just say that if you want to cook a coke ham by a recipe a friend used and he says 350 degrees overnight. He's lying, even if he did used to work for a caterer and you've eaten wonderful meals prepared by him before. Just go find a recipe online. Unless you want to get up at 5 am to the smell of burning coke and ham.

Second, let me just say that that I am completely jealous of the largeness of her home and even more so of the fenced in backyard for her pupsteroos, Charlie and Samantha, i.e. Sam. I told her so, but I have better cabinets. Of course, my FIL is in the cabinet business, so they were free, but whatever. For two days now, I have been working the hubby over on a fenced in yard . See how much more fun PoPo will have if we fence in the yard. And by fun I mean not going stir crazy and asking us to play with her all the time? However, it seems fences cost money and we have none.....but never fear dear readers, I will find a way around this problem. I swear.

So in a vain attempt to regain my status as "cool," I knitted. I knitted with acrylic yarn leftovers. I knitted all day prior to the party and ended up with a eggplant. Eggplant? Yes, a hat in the shape of a eggplant including leaves and a stem. (Personally, I think it looks more like a grape, but since when to individual grapes have leaves?) My apprentice loved it, wanted it, had to keep it and I was very happy. I gave her the eggplant hat that would fit a two year old. I regained my "cool."

Thanks for the pictures, Apprentice!

No comments: