June 1, 2006

I got your WIP right here!

Also entitled, "Why does this always happen to me?"

Today I removed 2.5 inches of stockinette stitch from M's Wealsey sweater, because I thought I had made a mistake, but I had not. So now I must redo all that work, which I would not have minded had something actually been wrong. It's not really all that much, but this yarn is rough on the hands and boring to knit. I want to finish ASAP, but keep thinking of other projects that are, in general, softer.

I also had to mail back the yarn I received in the mail yesterday, because I'm a dumba$$ and didn't realize that the hyacinth yarn I ordered was purple. DOH! THe good news it was super soft and rather large (worsted weight.) So, I'm hoping the collar on the Cloud Vest (see exhibit 3, bottom of page) will be alright.

And lastly, I've made a fair amount of progress on Sun Beam. I'm to the lacey part on the front piece, so here they are in all their glory.


What you are not seeing are the twelve rows of lace work that I had to remove because, eitherI can't read the directions or the directions were unclear. The latter being the more reasonable conclusion, of course.


(Yes, I "photoed" this on top of my Saxon Braid Scarf, which is through it's first skien and onto it's second, because I'm lazy and it was right there. I didn't even get up to get the camera.)

What you ARE seeing in this picture is the fuzzy intestines of my AV yarn. Now, I realize that I scoured the web for the cheapest AV yarn there was, but at $7.50 a pop, I still expected it to exclude such large imperfections! I was very happy with the service and price the " store" gave me, and because it seems that I may need more yarn anyway (you're seeing all I have left in the top photo), I just cut it out completely and started anew. The problem is I'm always left with a hole like so-



and they bother me. So much infact, that I will only work about two more rows until I have to stop and sew in the ends. I worry that my whole work will unravel. I figure that's a reasonable fear.....

So these projects have all hit a stopping point and I'm having a hard time not starting with this yarn for a baby blanket. (All yarn snobs look away.) This is 100% acrylic Red Heart yarn is self striping and I believe that it will look great in this fans and lace pattern.

No comments: