March 7, 2011

I'm skipping Spring Break...

...and going straight for Easter.   Lil Bit needed his very own Easter Basket this year.  (Last year he was 3 months old and we decided it wasn't necessary to celebrate.)  I don't know about your family, but my family uses the same basket year after year after year and it's a little bit of a production.  We dye eggs, crack open the plastic kind filled with money, hunt for bags of candy, play with new toys and eat a huge dinner.  So not just any Easter basket would do for Lil Bit.

I have been very happy with the majority of my purchases on Etsy, so I went there again for Easter baskets.  I didn't exactly find what I was looking for.  I found better.  Introducing Bridget Stitches and her take on baskets.

Boys can have bows.
The basket, for lack of a better word, was $18, plus $5 for embroidery and $6 for shipping.  That's an expensive Easter basket, until you break it down into how many years you will use it.  In my family that's at least through college.  So Lil Bit's got it for 22 years, breaking it down to just a dollar thirty one a year.  You can't get a cheaper Easter basket than that every year.

What you can't see in the candy already filling the basket.
Why yes, those are monsters in his Easter basket.  And we will be introducing him to chocolate.

No comments: