January 22, 2011

Sock Blanket Saturday

A couple weekends ago, Mr. Turbo surprised me with a trip to the Biltmore Estate just outside of Asheville, NC for our 6th anniversary.  It's a quick 2 hour trip from our house, so I was able to whip out one sock blanket square on the road.  (I think I should pause here to say that the 'TURBO' in TURBOchic has never referred to the lightening fast speed at which I do not knit.  It is instead a remnant of college alias--something to do with the car I drove.)


So yes, in a little less than two hours-hey, I took a bathroom break!-I have one very blue square.  In fact, I think this square covers every color blue there is and some that aren't.  I can't say that I'm thrilled with self striping yarn, but it'll definitely cover some blues that I normally wouldn't have chosen.  That's a plus.



And from far away, I don't think it'll really matter in the long run, if I love every square completely without reservation.  Right?  Right.

No comments: