My sock blanket has put the garter stitch fever in me and since I can not show you all the squares I have knit up for the blanket without spoiling all my preplanned posts I spent time knitting cotton dishcloths. What I love about dishcloths is that everything about them is a plus+.
- The yarn is cheap. You can knit practically 3 Grandma’s Favorite dishcloths (less about the last 14 rows-argh) from one skein. Mine are 40 stitches at their widest.
- They are perfectly sized. Not more slopping a too big towel around and sloshing your kitchen counter tops with gross.
- You can use atrocious variegated colors without a gorram care in the world, because you're only going to use it to scrub dirty dishes and counters. This makes me extremely happy. I want one in every color for every season and I do mean every color.
- Garter stitch on the diagonal + yarn over = fancy.
- It cleans better than a paper towel. Then just toss it in the washer and dryer, unlike some wools I know....
- It's cheap decorating and makes my sink happy. Shiny.
What about you? Got any dirty knitting secrets you want share?