July 9, 2007

The Missed Supper

This past week has flown by without me and has now come upon me in torrential downpour. Literally. We've already had 3 inches of flash flooding.

There was much planning and scheduling and driving to get done this past week as my brother came down from VW, my grandmother was picked up from out of town and all the rest of the relatives gathered for the "4th" of July. There was also the Best Friend's Birthday to celebrate, and home brewed beer to bottle (more about that later). Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to go out and get any local produce for my OLS dinner this past week, because during all this my father was rushed to the ER.

Unbeknownst to me, or any one else other than my mother, my father has been suffering from great pains in his chest and upper back for a little more than a week. And without going into great detail, he was rushed away right before the family celebrations (eating) began still moving and talking, but very much worried. He had a heart attack scare in the ambulance (sudden drop in heart rate), but came through it alright to spend a couple hours in the hospital with "it wasn't a heart attack" diagnosis. The EMT noted the right side of his heart wasn't getting enough electrical signals to pump as well as it should, but other than that his heart was fine. However, he may have some issues with the discs in his spinal column or a VERY pulled back muscle. No one knows what it was right now. He visits the doctor the first appointment he can get this week. The EMT noted the right side of his heart wasn't getting enough electrical signals to pump as well as it should, but other than that

Y'all, for the first time in my life I thought I might loose the man who pushes down trees and took me father-daughter camping once every year from first through twelfth grade. I managed to put on a brave face and didn't even cry once for my grandmother's sake. (My only grandma is my father's mother and she is easily depressed by worrying too much. ) I'm very glad to have him back and with such good news.


So, now you know why I didn't eat local this week. Although, on the way home Saturday after everything had passed and Dad was safe at home again, I did notice a local grower's produce SHOP, which opened today. Maybe later this week I'll stop by to get some yumyums for Dad.

1 comment:

jenifleur said...

Oy, I'm glad it turned out to not be a heart attack! I hope he gets to feeling better, though. Take two kittehs and call in the morning works for me.