February 11, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

The camaraderie and big hearted kindness that exists in the knit bloggers community manages to impress me daily. After I posted a preemptive apology for the lack of knitting going on here, I received at RAOK offer from a previously unknown friend Elizabeth. She asked if she could send me a gift of her own handspun yarn! I was so surprised I had to email her to clear up any misgivings about my plight, else I felt I would be cheating her. The kind soul she is asked only if I would review her yarn she would be happy to send it. ME?! review yarn?! Oh, I've died and gone to heaven in the bliss of my hobby. You read about the RAOKs and sometimes even see the Knitter's ROAKs webring button on the sidebar of someone's blog, but you never really expect it to happen for you.

And just in case you think I have forgone all knitting completely, I'm posting a super boring pic of Weasley Redo Progress.


Here we have one inch of double ribbing from the cast on edge and from there seven more inches of stockinette stitch in the round. The blue yarn is waste from the cast on and will be removed later. So far, I am still on par with the HPOP movie release date count down according to Mugglenet.com . I have 151 days, 9 hours, 39 minutes and 9 seconds left, which of course by the write I write and publish this is way off, but you get the drift.

Also, a picture of Maya for no good reason, other than my posts have been text heavy.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Hey! I'm going to get your package together tonight and send it tomorrow; I've been waiting for some yarn to dry. Believe me, it's no big deal. I didn't even know about the Knitters ROAK site! Very cool.

-elizabeth