January 9, 2007

Weasley Sweater Revamped

Recently, my knitting has been put on the back burner. I have been busy reading, scrapbooking, watching movies and all in all waiting for February to arrive so that I can spend that month's yarn budget. You see, if I buy new yarn next month for a new project, I can hold off for a little longer on a project I've been avoiding like the plague-The Weasley Sweater.

The Weasley sweater started off innocent enough. I was excited about knitting my first sweater. I special ordered the yarn from Scotland that was used in the HP movies. I knitted up the body and begun the split for the arm holes. Things were going spectacularly. Until I noticed that I was running low on yarn. I started off with ten balls and was down to four without completing the front or back and without starting on the sleeves. That's when I started thinking about the width of sweater might be a little, well, w-i-d-e. I shutter at the thought of reknitting all those inches with that scruffy highland wool. Thus, it was cast to one side. I couldn't even bear to rip it back and wind it into a ball. It just got shoved partially completed into baggy in a corner of my craft room.

So in order to help me get jump back onto the Weasley Sweater band wagon, I have:

1. Downloaded the counter from Mugglenet.com to count down the days until the next movie's release. Hopefully it will motivate me as it counts down to the movie release and the days I have until this sweater needs to be finished.

2. Scoured the web for Weasley alongs only to discover that once again I am vastly out of date.

3. Considered ordering the book Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter, but realized that would go against some of my resolutions.

4. Placed the project in a prominent place so that I might see it more often.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this project back on track?

No comments: