May 3, 2006

Big Girl Knits

I did it. I purchased fancy schmancy designer yarn (of course I went discount shopping-lets not be hasty.) I ordered 5 skeins of the Adrienne Vittadini's "Dianna"yarn in color number 028, i.e. maize from Threadbear. I was a little nervous about ordering online again for the first time since I discovered my credit card number was somehow stolen. Thank goodness I check my credit card status/bill online regularly.

Anyway, since the website doesn't have the ability to purchase online I sent them a little note via the email address they left for contact. I told them what I would like to purchase, but that I would prefer to have a comfirmation email sent back prior to giving out any personal information. So, I got the best little note back from them! I'll post it for your review.

--
Hi Jennifer!
Thanks so much for your note and for your interest in our good things for knitters! I'm always glad to help with a little enabling! (especially a fellow dawg!)*
I have everything wrapped and ready to head out--just call the shop (toll free) at 866-939-BEAR and we can get payment and billing information from you. Ask for Sabrina (unless you get a male voice), and she can fix everything right up!
Enjoy the yarn--it's LOVELY to work with!
Rob
--

I called them tonight (yes, they were open at 8:30pm EST!) and told them everything they needed over the phone. I highly recommend using them as so far I have had a wonderful experience with them. Wish me luck. I am going to try this before progress to this, and this (right) and finally this.

*I went to UGA for six years (two degrees), and have kept my UGA email address. Ergo, Rob can tell I'm a Georgia Dawg.


P.S. Rob just called me to double check my order, since I had not spoken directly with him or Sabrina last time. He says my stuff should be to me by monday!!!

No comments: