March 3, 2010

Premature

I am going to stick my neck out and post this pair of socks as an FO even though the second sock is only half way finished. I am past the heel turn and having ripped once just after completing the last turn and noticing that the top of my foot was not centered between two purled columns like it was supposed to be. So I feel safe presenting my Undulating Rib Socks (rav) by Ann Budd. May the Knitting Gods strike me down.


I am thrilled with this sock. When I started it, I truly believed that I would just have to slog through it like any other ribbed sock. But NO! Every ninth row I got to swap things up with fun increased and decreases. (It was supposed to be the eighth, but I had a moment of pattern interpretation.) It really makes sections of the sock fly off the needles when you are furiously knitting to the next "fun" part.

No comments: