May 5, 2008

Elisa Nest Tote

Aimee has been waiting for this post, I can feel it. She gave me the yarn made from organic cotton and recycled soda bottles, which just screams to be knitted up into a shopping bag. Aimee used the Everlasting Bagstopper pattern found on knitty.com, but I just wasn't feeling the bagstopper love.

Instead, I was feeling the Elisa Nest Tote love. I have converted this pattern to knit in the round, so that there's no purling involved. The original pattern is knitted as one long strip and seamed up both edges, so by changing it I am losing some of it's structural integrity. I hate to lose it, but my hatred for purling wins this round.

50% completed.


Detail.

p.s. It also fits perfectly into my camouflage motif. It is almost identical in color to our sofa blanket. You know, the one you snuggle on the couch with, eat over and is covered in cat hair? Perfect match.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Looks GREAT!

turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome bag! I still have to knit mine up.